It's October... Time to Think Pink!!
October is National Breast Cancer Awareness month. It's a great time to share information, get involved or offer a fund-raising Think Pink waxing day.
The National Breast Cancer Awareness website has some great ways you can help. They also have a free download you can print out and share with your clients.
Every woman needs to know about breast cancer and what they can do to protect themselves. Breast cancer doesn't care about your age. It can happen in your 30s , 50s or 70s. Or anywhere between or beyond.
Schedule a Think Pink waxing day!
- Decorate the clinic with a pink theme.
- Serve some pink frosted cookies, cupcakes or candy.
- Have fun and feature one of Cirepil's pink waxes.
- Have a pink decorated jar and collect client donations to help the cause.
- Contact your local American Cancer Society. Ask if they have handouts you can give clients.
- Let them know you will be donating a percentage of waxing services that day.
- Send an eblast out to your clients asking for their help, generate excitement.
- Start scheduling appointments.
- Get the word out on social media! Post on your Facebook page and add it to your website.
- Don't forget Pinterist and Instagram!
- Post the event on free local online event calendars!
- Send a message to your local paper, radio stations and TV --- you are a local business trying to help others.
There are some great YouTube videos on the Breast Cancer Awareness website. Include a link to one in your marketing and social media. It helps clients connect with the stories and the women struggling to survive.
They also have both Facebook and Twitter pages you can share.
The day of your event don't forget to take pictures of all the fun you're having. They are great to post on social media.
People like to support businesses that help others. Have fun and show off the caring side of your business. You never know what will happen when educating and sharing. You might be saving a life.
What are you doing for Breast Cancer Awareness month? Send us a message, we'd love to hear.